Yellow Stem Borer (YSB)
- Common name :
Rice Yellow Stem Borer
- Scientific name :
- Crops :
Identification of the pest
- Egg : are creamy white, flattened, oval and scale like and laid in mass and covered with buff coloured hairs
- Larva :Pale yellow with dark brown head
- Pupa :White silken cocoon are found inside the stem
- Female moth :bright yellowish brown fore wings with a black spot possess a tuft of yellow hair.
- Male moth :Smaller with pale yellow forewings without black spot.
Symptoms of Damage
- Presence of brown coloured egg mass near leaf tip
- Caterpillar bore into central shoot of paddy seedling and tiller, causes drying of the central shoot known as “dead heart”
- Grown up plant whole panicle becomes dried “white ear”
- Plants could be easily pulled by hand
Controlling Method: Use AXON IPM Pheromone lures and traps.
- Number of pheromone traps required :Install Pheromone traps 6-7 per acre
- Type of trap : Funnel trap
Scroll to Top